S. Jonauskas finished second in the second run of the first stage (20 participants), and in the second run of the second round he also finished second and got a ticket to the semi-finals. . In it, Svajūnas finished fourth and reached the B final (due to 7-12 places). S. Jonauskas defeated Germany’s Maximilians Dornbach, Ukraine’s Vladyslav Denysenko and France’s Melvin Landerneau, but he overtook the 2016 European and 2016 World bronze medalists Czech Czech Tomaš Babek and Italy’s Daniele. Napolitano.
Coach Dmitrijus Leopold student S. Jonauskas finished third in the B final. The first was T. Babek and the second – British Hamish Turnbull. Svajūnas defeated representatives of Spain, Hungary and Italy.
Frenchman Sebastien Vigier became the first European keirin champion. Silver was won by M. Dornbach and bronze by M. Landerneau.
Another representative of Lithuania, Vasilijus Lendelis, shared the 17th place. He finished third in the first run of the first stage and was wary of the offense that caused his Hungarian opponent to fall. Vasiliy broke the rules again in the fourth comfort run and was moved to the fourth final position. Two riders from each comfort race qualify for the semi-finals.
222 cyclists (122 men and 100 women) from 27 countries participated in the European Championships. The competition took place at the Messe München Exhibition Center on a 200-meter-long, temporarily installed track (50 meters shorter than the standard Olympic track).
Next year, the Old Continental Championship will take place on February 8-12 in Grenchen (Switzerland).
Achievements of Lithuanian cyclists at the European Championships in Munich:
- 6th place – Olivija Baleišytė (elimination, 17 participants);
- 9th place – Svajūnas Jonauskas (keirin, 20 participants);
- 9th place – Vasilijus Lendelis, Svajūnas Jonauskas, Laurynas Vinskas (sprint team, 10 teams);
- 10th place – Vasilijus Lendelis (22 runners);
- 14th place – Justas Beniušis (1km individual race for 20 participants time);
- 15th place – Svajūnas Jonauskas (sprint, 22 participants);
- 16th place – Olivija Baleišytė (omnibus, 20 participants);
- 17th place – Vasilijus Lendelis (keirin, 20 participants);
- 17th place – Olivija Baleišytė (Scratch, 19 participants).